AN OVERVIEW OF THE FIRST HALF OF 2019
billion francsTotal operating revenues 1st half-year 2019
million francsOperating income (EBIT) 1st half-year 2019
THE MOST IMPORTANT EVENTS
- In the first half of 2019, Repower Group generated total operating earnings of CHF 1,018 million (down 3.3% on the first half of 2018).
- Operating income (EBIT) came to CHF 56 million. Profits for the first half of 2019 came in at a gratifying CHF 49.2 million after CHF 0.2 million in the first six months of 2018.
- Operating income from both the Market Switzerland and Market Italy segments was higher than expected. A particular highlight was the very good performance of the Teverola combined cycle gas turbine plant.
- The rollout of SMARTPOWER has seen a successful launch on a pilot basis, with various utilities already ordering Repower’s solution.
- Via the Energiaflat digital distribution channel, Repower Italy is now offering a new electricity flat rate for commercial operators, self-employed people and small businesses.
- EcoWatt AG, Sacin AG and Repower subsidiary SWiBi AG are joining forces to create esolva ag, a partnership designed to pool know-how and drive digitalisation in the energy services business.
- The electorate in Poschiavo and Brusio has voted in favour of adjustments to the terms of the concessions for the facilities in the Valposchiavo, paving the way for further work to renew the infrastructure in Miralago and completely renovate the Robbia power plant.
- After eleven years at the head of the company, Kurt Bobst has decided to leave in September 2019. At the beginning of September Roland Leuenberger, a member of the Repower Board of Directors, will assume the role of interim CEO and managing director.